Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT) – Sunday 17th July
A course at the club for club members, Sunday July 17th
A one day course that will include at least 8 hours’ teaching time, a lot of it on or in the water. Start time: 09.00 and Finish time: 18.00
Group size 4-6 persons
Cost is £25 for British Canoeing members and £30 for others and includes the cost of British Canoeing Attendance Certification.
This training course aims to provide paddlers with the key safety and rescue skills required to operate safely and to be able to deal with common emergencies.
The award has two purposes:
- To provide the paddler with the necessary skills which will enable them to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
- To provide the paddler with the appropriate rescue skills which can be used to help themselves and/or others in difficulty.
Fundamentally this course is designed for all paddlers irrespective of their chosen craft. The objective is to teach simple and safe skills that can provide the paddlers with the tools to solve simple paddling problems.
- Boat-based participants need to either hold the British Canoeing Paddle Explore Award or the British Canoeing 2 Star Award or be of equivalent ability due to the paddling environment and the boat control required to complete the course
- Bank-based participants accessing the course are not required to hold a Personal Performance Award; however, they should be prepared to fully participate in all relevant aspects of the course
- Be able to swim in normal paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
- A First Aid certificate is not a prerequisite; however, the holding of a First Aid certificate is strongly recommended for all paddlers
British Canoeing FSRT Course Provider
Foundation Safety And Rescue Training Syllabus V2-4Dec20
Foundation Safety and Rescue Training Syllabus
If you may be interested in taking part in a FSRT course this year please submit the form below