- This event has passed.
Welcome to the 2022 Blackwater tour from Kelvedon, down the river Blackwater to Langford with a lunch stop at Blue Mills. The canoe club has been allocated 10 places (of 50) this year and priority will be given to newly qualified members completing the BC Discovery or equivalent who have not done the Blackwater tour before.
Tour fees are £6.00/£3.00 (adult/child) or £3.50/£2.00 for BC members (bring card).
Boats need to be dropped at the start by 10.00 to allow time for the car shuffle (starting 10.10) to Langford (approx 45 mins) with a Minibus back for an 11.00 start. Finish will be about 15.30.
Please note that space at the Langford village hall car park is limited so paddlers will need to be self-sufficient. We are not planning to take a trailer.
For more information, contact the organiser John Day
Information Changes\Updates about this Tour will be posted on the Club Website and\or Facebook Page, and also on the Club Noticeboard.
Please note the following:
- This tour is considered suitable for newly-qualified 2*/Discovery paddlers.
- For tour safety, this trip is restricted to 10 paddlers maximum. Regrettably, if you don’t put your name down but turn up on the day and there are already 10 paddlers, we will have to turn you away. If the tour appears oversubscribed, please contact the tour leader 24 hours before the tour, as there are sometimes cancellations.
- Paddlers should bring their National Governing Body membership card and be of at least 2* standard or equivalent. They should also bring with them their usual safety kit.
- Any paddler who wishes to complete their 2*/Discovery with this away paddle, please check with the tour leader and\or their coach prior to putting their name on the list.
- Where paddlers are not up to the required standard, Chelmsford Canoe Club rules state that there is a maximum paddler to qualified coach ratio of 8:1. Therefore, for paddlers 1-8, the ‘Coach 1’ slot below must be filled with a qualified coach, and for 9-16 paddlers, the ‘Coach 2’ slot must also be filled.
By signing up to this tour, the paddler accepts the following consent conditions:
- I understand that the qualified coaches leading the tour will make dynamic risk assessments during the tour and agree to abide by any decisions they make, including cancelling\curtailing the tour if they decide the risks compromise the safety of the Touring members.
- Under 16s must be under the supervision of an adult coach or parent/guardian whilst on the tour.
- A boat sticker is included in the membership fee & additional Stickers can be purchased for use by club members. The sticker provided entitles you to free navigation of the Chelmer and Blackwater Canal (Failure to display may result in the Canal Company charging the individual additional fees). For tours not on the Chelmer and Blackwater Canal, membership of the National Governing Body is required and must be shown to the tour organiser.
- Boats and equipment may be hired by arrangement with the Equipment Officer or the relevant club section.
- Copies of the Club constitution & rules are displayed on the Club noticeboard and can be obtained from the Club secretary (the cost of printing these may be charged).
As part of my membership of CHELMSFORD CANOE CLUB, I understand that canoeing can be a hazardous activity, and is undertaken at my own risk. I confirm that I have read the constitution and the rules of the club, and that any property left at the Club or taken on the tour will be entirely at my own risk. I understand that I may be liable for any damage to Club equipment that is hired to me. I also confirm that I am able to swim 50 metres in clothing.