- This event has passed.
Waldringfield to Melton via Woodbridge
May 14 @ 09:30 - 13:30
The tour starts from The Maybush Pub Car Park at Waldringfield, paddling upriver with the tide to Melton (4 miles), with a possible stop at Woodbridge on the way back for ice cream or tea (depending on the weather!). Then paddle back downriver with the tide, aiming to be back at Waldringfield by 13.30 where people can either gather in the Maybush PH for food and a drink, or head home.
There are no plans to take a trailer so paddlers will need to be self-sufficient, and should ideally double up where practical to use as few cars as possible.
Everyone should be ready to meet at The Maybush PH car park (pay & display), Waldringfield, IP12 4QL at 9.00am allowing time to unload boats in order to be on the water by 9.30am. High tide is 11.30am.
For more information and to book your space on the tour, email the organiser with your name, contact telephone number, emergency contact number, BC membership number and state whether you will be taking your own boat and if you are able to offer roof rack space to another boat if necessary! Please also indicate if you would like to have lunch at the Maybush and I will see if we can book enough tables.
Information, changes and updates about this tour will be posted on the club website and\or Facebook page, and also on the club noticeboard.
Please note the following:
1. This tour is considered suitable for paddlers who have recently completed the BC Explore award, but paddlers should be aware that the river is tidal which, depending on the weather, can introduce more tricky conditions.
2. For tour safety, this trip is restricted to 16 paddlers maximum. Regrettably, if you don’t put your name down but turn up on the day and there are already 16 paddlers, we will have to turn you away. If the tour is oversubscribed, please contact the tour leader 24 hours before the tour, as there are sometimes cancellations.
3. Paddlers should bring their National Governing Body membership card and be of at least Explore standard or equivalent. They should also bring with them their usual safety kit.
By signing up to this tour, the paddler accepts the following consent conditions:
1. I understand that the qualified coaches leading the tour will make dynamic risk assessments during the tour and agree to abide by any decisions they make, including cancelling\curtailing the tour if they decide the risks compromise the safety of the Touring members.
2. Under 16s must be under the supervision of an adult coach or parent/guardian whilst on the tour.
3. For tours not on the Chelmer and Blackwater Canal, membership of the National Governing Body is required and must be shown to the tour organiser.
4. Boats and equipment may be hired by arrangement with the Equipment Officer or the relevant club sec on.
5. Copies of the Club constitution & rules are displayed on the Club noticeboard and can be obtained from the Club secretary (the cost of printing these may be charged).
As part of my membership of CHELMSFORD CANOE CLUB, I understand that canoeing can be a hazardous activity, and is undertaken at my own risk. I confirm that I have read the constitution and the rules of the club, and that any property left at the Club or taken on the tour will be entirely at my own risk. I understand that I may be liable for any damage to Club equipment that is hired to me. I also confirm that I am able to swim 50 metres in clothing.