Cattawade 25th May
May 25 @ 09:30 - 13:30
Cattawade to Dedham via Flatford Tea Rooms
We shall meet at the Cattawade car park where there is free parking for up to 14 cars.
9:30 arrival for 10:00 on the water, to paddle to Dedham and on the return stop at Flatford Mill Tea Rooms. Paddlers will need to be self-sufficient with their equipment.
The tour will commence at 10:00, so please ensure you arrive with sufficient time to unload your boats and gear. For more information contact the tour organisers.
Information changes / updates about this tour will be posted on the club website and / or Facebook page and also on the club noticeboard.
To book your place on this tour, please add your name to the sign up sheet at the club, or contact one of the tour organisers (John Day 07745067230 or Helen Green email@example.com)
Please note the following:
- This tour is considered suitable for paddlers who have recently completed the BC Explore award.
- For tour safety, this trip is restricted to 16 paddlers maximum. Regrettably, if you don’t put your name down but turn up on the day and there are already 16 paddlers, we will have to turn you away. If the tour is oversubscribed, please contact the tour leader 24 hours before the tour, as there are sometimes cancellations.
Paddlers should bring their National Governing Body membership card and be of at least Explore standard or equivalent. They should also bring with them their usual safety kit
By signing up to this tour, the paddler accepts the following consent conditions:
- I understand that the qualified coaches leading the tour will make dynamic risk assessments during the tour and agree to abide by any decisions they make, including cancelling\curtailing the tour if they decide the risks compromise the safety of the Touring members.
- Under 16s must be under the supervision of an adult coach or parent/guardian whilst on the tour.
- A boat sticker is included in the membership fee & additional Stickers can be purchased for use by club members. The sticker provided entitles you to free navigation of the Chelmer and Blackwater Canal (Failure to display may result in the Canal Company charging the individual additional fees). For tours not on the Chelmer and Blackwater Canal, membership of the National Governing Body is required and must be shown to the tour organiser.
- Boats and equipment may be hired by arrangement with the Equipment Officer or the relevant club section.
- Copies of the Club constitution & rules are displayed on the Club noticeboard and can be obtained from the Club secretary (the cost of printing these may be charged).
As part of my membership of CHELMSFORD CANOE CLUB, I understand that canoeing can be a hazardous activity, and is undertaken at my own risk. I confirm that I have read the constitution and the rules of the club, and that any property left at the Club or taken on the tour will be entirely at my own risk. I understand that I may be liable for any damage to Club equipment that is hired to me. I also confirm that I am able to swim 50 metres in clothing.